Fight or Switch?

We have moved. I opted to see a Physician's Assistant rather than the MD himself in order to get an earlier appointment.

He said I cannot have both RA and Lupus. He said it is Lupus arthritis.

My Rheumy, years ago, diagnosed me with Lupus mainly because of an ANA titer of 1 to 3,200! I have SLE with some skin damage.

Anti-TNF drugs and NSAIDS have brought down such ginormous inflammation markers but I still am suffering joint damage and bone damage.

Would you stay with a PA who argues about what you have and fight to educate him ( I have a referral letter from my Rheumy that sez I have RA and SLE) or would you just switch to his supervising MD and have fewer opportunities for appointments?

The way my Rheumy explained it to me is that those with RA, mostly women RA sufferers, have a 1 in 100 chance of going on to developing full blown Lupus.

Quote: "you are THAT special".

I am gonna miss this Rheumy - he is so good. And weird. I hope the new one is as good.

So, fight the PA being wrong about my rare way of being a Lupie, or insist on switching to his boss?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Regards from Rosie

Luckily he is the assistant for the Primary Care and not the new Rheumy I will be going to. Even so, it would affect everything other than the Rheumy stuff.

I think what is upsetting is the judgmental attitude. It isn't as if you can cause Lupus, or RA either, to yourself.

Going by believe first impressions I have to switch. Those who have the attitude that they get paid the same whether rude or considerate deserve getting fired, right?

Thanks, Ann, for helping me sort this out.

Regards from Rosie