Diagnosis

So today i went back to my rheumy for my 3 month follow up and offically got the Lupus diagnosis. not sure how to react or how to think. im glad i finally know what all of my symptoms r from but also scared of what the future holds. i just graduated and got my RN and my dream job on labor and delivery and i hope that this diagnosis doesnt interfere with my daily new life

What treatment plan r u gonna do?

Glad you have some answers. It is a lot to process, but we're here to help! Praying your rheumy finds a treatment regimen that works for you and that you're able to continue forward with your exciting new job. Make sure you listen to your body and rest when you need to. Congrats on getting your RN and your job in L&D! That's awesome!

Hello Walter,

At least you know now what you have to deal with in your life and like "Ballerina" (Megan) said you need to know what hat meds your rheumo as planned for you and learn your symptoms and when a flare comes on you because this knowledge will help with your daily routines and when anything is occuring.

Congratulations on your graduation and also your job.

Terri :)

i started plaquinil 3 months ago bc i had positive dsdna so she said connective tissue disease lets see how plaquinil works. so yesterday we talked i told her about how the sun kills me that i feel like i have the flu the next day if ive been out in the sun to long and a few otherr symptoms and she decided that with the list of symptoms and the dsdna that i have lupus. it is nice to have answers. now i just need to research as much as i can. any ideas on good places to look? and thank u all forr ur thoughts and congrats. im excited to start my journey ive wrked hard to get here. now to wrk, take care of two kids, an b a good wife and mom.

Walter,

Plaquenil can take upto 6mths before feeling affects but i felt it at nearly 3mths and that's for DLE/SLE and heat and sun does affect we it's the UV rays and we have a member called Ann.A who's highly into it if you need furthur help as she's so helpful....the heat causes chills to our bodies so you need to protect your skin where clothing is concerned.

Regarding needing to know alot more about Lupus symptoms i suggest you clicking on "overview of lupus" at the top of the page and also "understanding lupus" as these two discussions will help you alot.

The link below is about working with Lupus and i hope it helps :)

http://askjan.org/media/lupus.html

Thank u tez for all of ur help