Coming off prednisone

Can anyone tell me if they experienced rapid heart beat when weaning off a burst and taper? I started at 60 mgs now at 40 then 30 & so on I was ok till the 40mgs. Please tell me Im not the only one.

hey i experience rapid heart beat sometimes, but i am on a maintenance of 30 right now. they keep having to bump it up because of the Addison. but sometimes it wakes me up at night. how fast is your heart beating?

Im not really sure I believe 93bpm however my heartrate us usually 68-77 bpm at rest so the 93 although normal is really fast for me. I could feel the beats in my head like I had just exercised. Very unsettling feeling. Im sure its the prednisone maybe the taper is too fast?? Im having horrible joint pain too.

i’d call doc—esp if you are having so much pain

CALL THE DOC, DEFINATLEY…DON’T MESS WITH THAT…THE FAST HEARTRATE IS MOST LIKELY FROM UR BODY GOING INTO WITHDRAWAL MODE, AND THE JOINTPAIN TOO…BUT YOUR DOC. NEEDS TO KNOW & U SHOULD BE CHECKED OUT TOO!! BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY… FEEL BETTER SWEETIE! LET US KNOW…{{HUGS}} SUZIE :0)

I called my dr and the nurse said the taper is too fast for me. Omg the joint pains are horrible :o( Im waiting for her to call me back and see how my dr wants to taper me off. She was pretty surprised that the ER didnt give me any extra I guess in case of withdrawl symptoms. I feel terrible but I have energy…its like torture lol.

good i am glad they are listening to you. feel better soon

Good, I am also glad that they are paying attention to it too…Hopefully, Godwilling, they can help ease that pain for you! It is torturous!! I know how u feel, I have been there in the past many x’s…It is horrible!!! We r here for u, hang in there…{{HUGS}} Suzie :0) xo

Thanks Suzie and Janice they are going to taper me every 4 days till I am at 5mgs.

My dr also gave me colchicine for the muscle pain, which I find odd cause its used to treat gout. Anyone take this before?

Good Sweetie, That is how I am familiar with the tapering, every 4 days, down about 5 mg, that should be much easier for ur body., the pain, I fully understand is terrible otherwise!!! As good as the Pred. is at first, it is really necessary to wean slowly to avoid that…The colchicine, if I am not mistaken is starting to be used for other issues too, but YES, it is like the original Gout med. of choice. Google it and check it out…That usually gives ya all the info. that is up to date…As long as u are feeling better eventually, that is all that matters!!! Praying for u! Luv, Suzie :0) P.S. Keep me posted, OK! :0)

hey Ann! How are you?