Change of Activity Level

The most difficult part of this disease process for me is the change of activity level. With the combined lack of energy and different pains I had to slow down. This is particularly hard as I have to work full time, still be the man of the house and help out with the children. I'm sure this holds true for everyone on this discussion board, any suggestions.

WELL MY FRIEND, SUGGESTIONS R DIFFICULT AS I 2 AFTER SO MANY YRS. AM ALSO TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION TO EASING THAT DIFFICULTY! IT IS THE WORST, AS I AM THE WOMAN OF THE HOUSE, THE MOM OF 3 VERY ACTIVE YOUNG BOYS TOO, A WIFE 2, AND HOUSEWIFE (EVEN THOUGH I AM WIPED OUT), I FEEL THE STRAIN & STRUGGLE & IT SUCKS SO BADLY! JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH & TRY UR HARDEST TO THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS, IT IS WHAT I TRY 2 DO, AND TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST, I TEND TO LOG ON TO HERE, AND GET INTO A ZONED OUT PHASE OF MIND, I READ AROUND, CHAT W/ MY FRIENDS (U ALL) & REALIZE I AM NOT ALONE…THAT IS MY BEST ADIVCE RIGHT NOW, SORRY! :wink: I FEEL UR PAIN & U R NOT ALONE, MY WEEK HAS STATRTED OUT PRETTY DAMN BADLY, AND I AM FRAZZLED & IT IS ONLY MONDAY MORNING AT 11:30 AM, GOD HELP ME, LOL…OH & TRY TO LAUGH TOO, IT DOES HELP A LITTLE BIT! HANG IN MY FRIEND & CHAT W/ U SOON! SUZIE :0)

Thank you for the reply, sometimes knowing your not alone is help enough.



Suzie D. said:

WELL MY FRIEND, SUGGESTIONS R DIFFICULT AS I 2 AFTER SO MANY YRS. AM ALSO TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION TO EASING THAT DIFFICULTY! IT IS THE WORST, AS I AM THE WOMAN OF THE HOUSE, THE MOM OF 3 VERY ACTIVE YOUNG BOYS TOO, A WIFE 2, AND HOUSEWIFE (EVEN THOUGH I AM WIPED OUT), I FEEL THE STRAIN & STRUGGLE & IT SUCKS SO BADLY! JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH & TRY UR HARDEST TO THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS, IT IS WHAT I TRY 2 DO, AND TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST, I TEND TO LOG ON TO HERE, AND GET INTO A ZONED OUT PHASE OF MIND, I READ AROUND, CHAT W/ MY FRIENDS (U ALL) & REALIZE I AM NOT ALONE...THAT IS MY BEST ADIVCE RIGHT NOW, SORRY! ;) I FEEL UR PAIN & U R NOT ALONE, MY WEEK HAS STATRTED OUT PRETTY DAMN BADLY, AND I AM FRAZZLED & IT IS ONLY MONDAY MORNING AT 11:30 AM, GOD HELP ME, LOL....OH & TRY TO LAUGH TOO, IT DOES HELP A LITTLE BIT! HANG IN MY FRIEND & CHAT W/ U SOON! SUZIE :0)

Exactly how I feel James, the fact of simply knowing u r not alone, is help enough! :0) Suzie

James said:

Thank you for the reply, sometimes knowing your not alone is help enough.



Suzie D. said:

WELL MY FRIEND, SUGGESTIONS R DIFFICULT AS I 2 AFTER SO MANY YRS. AM ALSO TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION TO EASING THAT DIFFICULTY! IT IS THE WORST, AS I AM THE WOMAN OF THE HOUSE, THE MOM OF 3 VERY ACTIVE YOUNG BOYS TOO, A WIFE 2, AND HOUSEWIFE (EVEN THOUGH I AM WIPED OUT), I FEEL THE STRAIN & STRUGGLE & IT SUCKS SO BADLY! JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH & TRY UR HARDEST TO THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS, IT IS WHAT I TRY 2 DO, AND TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST, I TEND TO LOG ON TO HERE, AND GET INTO A ZONED OUT PHASE OF MIND, I READ AROUND, W/ MY FRIENDS (U ALL) & REALIZE I AM NOT ALONE...THAT IS MY BEST ADIVCE RIGHT NOW, SORRY! ;) I FEEL UR PAIN & U R NOT ALONE, MY WEEK HAS STATRTED OUT PRETTY DAMN BADLY, AND I AM FRAZZLED & IT IS ONLY MONDAY MORNING AT 11:30 AM, GOD HELP ME, LOL....OH & TRY TO LAUGH TOO, IT DOES HELP A LITTLE BIT! HANG IN MY FRIEND & CHAT W/ U SOON! SUZIE :0)

Hi James

Sounds a bit wierd but I have found that moderate exercise has helped. The old "the more you can do the fitter you get and the more you can do." I too work fulltime, run a household and have a daughter. Over the last 2 years I have slowly increased my activity levels and as a consequence feel better.

You are definately not alone and please do not be too hard on yourself.

Davina

Hi Davina! Very Good Advice, like a commercial on TV for an Anti-Inflammatory med, it states “The more you are in motion, the easier it is for you to STAY in Motion”, so what u just said, is the truth! Hope this finds u well too…Take Care & TTYS! Suzie :0)

Davina Moore-Read said:

Hi James

Sounds a bit wierd but I have found that moderate exercise has helped. The old "the more you can do the fitter you get and the more you can do." I too work fulltime, run a household and have a daughter. Over the last 2 years I have slowly increased my activity levels and as a consequence feel better.

You are definately not alone and please do not be too hard on yourself.

Davina

I agree with Suzie: There is tremendous power in knowing that 1: you are not alone in this disease and 2: It is not your fault.

I know I have said this before, but one of the things that has helped me so much is hearing how similar my struggles are with other people who have Lupus. That knowledge alone has changed the way I interact with doctors, people in general and my family. I am not ashamed the way I used to be; shame makes us act a certain way, and when we don't feel shame there is not the same tendency to put out those subtle shame messages.

I still struggle--especially with family members who do not believe or understand Lupus. But when they get me down, I log on to the site and read people's blogs and bios and stuff and then, whew, I begin to feel better. Watch the videos too---there are a great way to reinforce your right to be loved and accepted for the person you are, illness or no illness.