Afraid to start Methotextrate

Hi Dee,

Lovely input mate and like you've stated we can all try meds and if they don't suite a person, you ask for them to be stopped NEVER PULL OFF THEM as this can cause more harm to injury, as the saying goes here :)

Tootles said:

Tammy Jean: All you can do is try ... it works for many! And with this drug, if anything should happen other than the normal side effects (nausea, tummy ache for first couple of days), you can stop it. They likely started you on 4 or 5 pills, to take once a week, yes? Well, they had just increased me by one pill (like week 6) when I started getting sick so you will know fairly quickly, I do believe. Keep us updated, please. Especially Terri (Tez), as she has just started with MTX, as well and we are following her progress, too. Hugs, Dee

I have been on prednisone for longer than I want to remember about a year ago the Dr. Said we need to come off that and gave me methotrexate. I was diagnosed in 1975 so it’s been awhile. try it I am sensitive to everything but seem to be ok with this, u can always stop!
Marika

Hello Tammy,

I know this has been a while since you posted this. I just started Methotrexate 3 weeks ago. Am up to 20 mg. each week. My worst symptom has been nausea which wakes me up in the middle of the night. Some fatigue but not much more than what my Lupus Pericarditis was causing. I know that reading the side effects can make you completely freaked out but most meds have those same side effects as possibilities.

Do you trust your doctor? Let him/her know your concerns. They are valid I am sure.

Whatever you decide,

Be well,

Mimi The Bag Lady

I had trouble with immuran too but have been fine on methotrexate.

just an update from my post fearing the start of the Metho, well so far so good I am 5 weeks into it with only a bit of nausea and lower back pain a few days after I take it. I am losing a little hair but have upped the folic acid to 3 tabs daily and just got luecover 8 hours after the Methotrexate I have weaned down my prednisone to 5mg every other day and I am doing ok so far....thanks everyone