Low DHEA

The last blood work that I had done my rhumy checked my DHEA levels. The results came back low so she put me on 25 mgs a day. She told me that it would help with my chroinc fatigue from the lupus. So I am now taking it.

I did some research on the subject matter and found the below sites that I wanted to share:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dhea/NS_patient-dhea

http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalhealth/dhea-naturalandsupplementation.aspx?id=1&campaignno=adrenalfatigue&adgroup=ag3dhea&keywords=dhea&gclid=CLfL2vONibECFcFd7AodCkio2Q

Thanks
Deenie

Hi Deenie,

JC is correct DHEA being an hormone and it needs to be treated correctly with a proper dosage daily...it's only the same as me with my thyroid gland if the proper amount is'nt in your blood system it makes it run awire and never corrects itself properly to how it should be working in your body.

Take a look at these links besides...as the more info you find the better but you need to see your doctor again so you can sort out a proper balance of meds to control it...not just put you on 25mg to help your fatigue because other issues are involved with this.

http://www.bodylogicmd.com/hormones-for-women/dhea

http://www.testcountry.org/causes-and-effects-of-low-dhea-levels-in...

Love Terri xxx

Thanks. She tested my blood and i had very low levels. I will make sure she tests me every few months. Terri I have not thyriod. It was removed several years ago. I take replacement meds for that. May be that is why my levels of DHEA are so low. I also had my female parts removed when I was 24. I also have benign bilaterial adrenal adonomas that are not effecting my cortisol levels.

Thanks for the information.

Deenie

I will make sure she follows me. She took blood to determine that my levels where low in the first place.

John “JC” Colyer said:

DHEA is a hormone, Dr must regulate even though its sold as a supplement

Hi Deenie,

Once you see her and your put on regular meds for the amount required for your level's which came in..she must test you regular...my doctor tests my blood for everything every 3mths on the trot never misses.

Deenie i did'nt say you had a thyroid i was refering to myself on having the proper amount for me to make my thyroid work properly, unless i'm miss reading you wrong, sorry if i am.lol

I'd say having all your parts removed as you put it besides your other issues....i'd say this is a large possibility and even though having a full hysterectomy you still have to have hormone replacement medications for it, especially if your at the age concerning menopause because here in the uk, if you have that done your soon on replacement thereapy to keep your system right.

Don't mess about Deenie as you've got such alot going on...as you need the correct treatment and dosage.

All my love mate Terry xxx

Dewing3569 said:

Thanks. She tested my blood and i had very low levels. I will make sure she tests me every few months. Terri I have not thyriod. It was removed several years ago. I take replacement meds for that. May be that is why my levels of DHEA are so low. I also had my female parts removed when I was 24. I also have benign bilaterial adrenal adonomas that are not effecting my cortisol levels.

Deenie

The rhumy checks my blood ever three months too. So I will make sure she includes the DHEA levels. Thanks for the advice.

Tez_20 said:

Hi Deenie,

Once you see her and your put on regular meds for the amount required for your level’s which came in…she must test you regular…my doctor tests my blood for everything every 3mths on the trot never misses.

Deenie i did’nt say you had a thyroid i was refering to myself on having the proper amount for me to make my thyroid work properly, unless i’m miss reading you wrong, sorry if i am.lol

I’d say having all your parts removed as you put it besides your other issues…i’d say this is a large possibility and even though having a full hysterectomy you still have to have hormone replacement medications for it, especially if your at the age concerning menopause because here in the uk, if you have that done your soon on replacement thereapy to keep your system right.

Don’t mess about Deenie as you’ve got such alot going on…as you need the correct treatment and dosage.

Dewing3569 said:

Deenie

Deenie,

Your welcome anytime you know that. xxx

Dewing3569 said:

The rhumy checks my blood ever three months too. So I will make sure she includes the DHEA levels. Thanks for the advice.

Tez_20 said:

Hi Deenie,

Once you see her and your put on regular meds for the amount required for your level's which came in..she must test you regular...my doctor tests my blood for everything every 3mths on the trot never misses.

Deenie i did'nt say you had a thyroid i was refering to myself on having the proper amount for me to make my thyroid work properly, unless i'm miss reading you wrong, sorry if i am.lol

I'd say having all your parts removed as you put it besides your other issues....i'd say this is a large possibility and even though having a full hysterectomy you still have to have hormone replacement medications for it, especially if your at the age concerning menopause because here in the uk, if you have that done your soon on replacement thereapy to keep your system right.

Don't mess about Deenie as you've got such alot going on...as you need the correct treatment and dosage.

Dewing3569 said:

Deenie